Writing, reading, publishing or anything else....

.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Now that baseball is over....

November is finally here and I have to say that I am kind of glad it is. The weather in the northeast is changing and the distractions that have been present recently are going away. I was smack-dab in the middle of going over the editing of my novel "Scammer" when I became caught up with the World Series. I am glad the Cardinals won and now my nights are free to go over my story. I had my novel edited and I was quite happy with the work the editor did. I couldn't afford some I had checked about online, so I enlisted the services of an English teacher who bartered with me for some pest control service. I now have time to go over the edit and make sure I like it. Some passages were changed slightly, while some removed completely. My question to myself is: How do I know that the editing done what it should be? The editor did tell me that this was his review of the book. I wonder how it would be viewed by another editor. I had put a few sample chapters online in online writing forums ,"Fanstory" and "Reviewfuse" and have had differing opinions. Some people liked it, others hated it; guess I can't make everyone happy! Had anybody had that thought that if your story was edited by multiple editors that you would get different versions. I would say yes and then which version would you choose? Thanks for reading and I hope I have more time to write now that Big Band Theory is on almost every night!

No comments:

Post a Comment