Writing, reading, publishing or anything else....

.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Author Interviews

Hope your all having a great weekend as the end of the year quickly approaches. I have been reading many blogs with author interviews lately and I find them astonishing. I am always interested in hearing how writers got into the profession and got published. I have a series of questions and I would post these in links via twitter and facebook so it could get the author some publicity and interest. Let me know if anyone is interested. I have included a sample interview with myself (not trying to be pompous!) just as an example.
 
An interview with Anthony Newman...author or the upcoming novel "Scammer"

Q-How and when did you first start writing?
A- I began when I was in grade school. I would write war stories and alien stories and others.

Q- Did you envision that one day you would be a writer and possibly put out a novel?
A- It was a pipe dream. People always read my work and were usually positive. I was nervous about getting an agent and submitting queries. Now with e-books so popular and it's easier to self publish, the dream is becoming a reality.

Q-What kind of training or instruction did you have?
A- English class in school. Reading  and more reading. Reading how to books on writing. Going on blogs and websites of other writers and again; reading.

Q-What kind of story is Scammer
A- It's about a man named Jeff who runs a ponzi scheme and is discovered by some shady characters before being busted by the authorities. He also is mixed up in an offshore-cyber money bank that works with terrorist and other underworld villains. Jeff goes on the run and all these people come out of the woodwork to try and get their money back.

Q-Are you self publishing or going the traditional route?
A- Self publish. I feel i will have more control and as a first time novelist, I cant say that I would fare well with many established publishing houses. I have seen how JA Konrath, Amanda Hocking and John Locke have succeeded so I decided that route was for me.

Q Do you have any advice for other writers?
A- I'm no expert but I would say keep practicing the craft. Write everyday. Read everyday and connect with many readers and writers in your genre via twitter, facebook, goodreads and other sites.


Well thats about it. If you have any suggestions for other questions please let me know. I look forward to hearing from you and please email me if you wish to be interviewed. I think we could all learn a thing or two from each other.

Thanks for the time,
Anthony

1 comment:

  1. ronsavarese@gmail.comDecember 15, 2011 at 7:34 AM

    Anthony,

    Great connecting with you here. I like your interview idea. I just recently published my first novel. It's been a total blast! Would love to share my experiences with you and may be open to the interview idea.

    Let me know.

    Thanks,

    Ron

    ReplyDelete