Writing, reading, publishing or anything else....

.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Movie Review---House of 1000 Corpses

Hi, now that the power has returned and things are getting back to normal after Hurricane Sandy I've decided to start reviewing stuff such as books and movies. In my previous post on conquering writer's block, I stated that sometimes reading a book or watching a movie can spark interest and light the creative juices thus inspiring you to write. I am a huge "Halloween" fan (the movies) and I love the movies, I was left sometimes with a feeling that there could have been more to the story and I would drive home from the theater telling myself, "What would I have done differently?" It's fun to do and I realized I was getting my mind rolling therefore making me brainstorm new ideas for my writing. Now, I'm not saying to ripoff these franchises but coming up with these ideas is a great thing for us writers.

So what I'm going to do is review movies, shows, books and more along the way in addition to my regular postings.

House of 1000 Corpses---a film by Rob Zombie

I first stumbled upon this movie back in 2003 and loved Rob Zombie's 
style of film-making. The use of cut-ins with the characters and the quick
run and gun style made this a great movie. The casting was fantastic with 
Sid Haig as the wild Captain Spaulding, Bill Moseley as Otis, Sherri Moon as Baby and the rest of the cast did a fantastic job of being believable villains called the Firefly Family; as the four travelers run across their path and end up being victims of their insanity. There is also the mysterious Doctor Satan and his group of underground monsters who make an appearance too. This movie will do much to stir your senses. At times you may laugh and other times you'll shy away from the screen from the horror and gore. There are parts of this movie that makes you forget what you're watching such as the part where the Firefly family puts on a show in their barn with grandpa doing a lewd standup comedy and Baby singing a cabaret style song. You almost forget you're watching a horror movie. I don't want to reveal too much this way if you go and watch it you'll be surprised. If you're a fan of horror and don't mind too much gore then Rob Zombie made a great movie for you too watch. Check it out. 
I am watching the sequel "The Devil's Rejects" and will post a review shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment